Dr. Dam & Dr. Taggart will present five papers at the symposium held in Houston, Texas over September 13th through the 16th. Presented papers include:
- Innoslate: An Integrated Program Management and Design Tool for the 100 year Starship Project.
A look at how Innoslate can be used by a global audience to collect, collaborate, and design necessary capabilities on the path to starship development.
- Design of a Positive Feedback Investment Cycle to Achieve a Lunar Habitat
An analysis of how applying capability stepping stones can provide an achievable Return On Investment (ROI) for various industries across the stepping stone process.
- Near Term Commercial Space Infrastructure
A look into two design concepts for a commercial space station that is economically feasible, and would be the starting point for a space based economy.
- More Permanent Commercial Space Infrastructure
An analysis of utilizing a Near Earth Asteroid (NEA) as a base providing mined minerals, human habitation, and more radiation protection than conventional methods.
- Stages of Flight for a Star-Ship Program: Vision, Goals, and a Timeline
An outline of a four stage timeline that move humanity beyond Earth’s orbit and into the stars.
Information about the symposium can be found at http://symposium.100yss.org/.
Topics: News & Announcements